Success by Design Shares Important Information re: Covid-19
- Symptoms of a new onset cough
- Fever or other flu-like symptoms
- Traveled outside of the country or on a cruise within the last two weeks
- Been in contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus
As an extra protection to our patients, we have 2 HyperHepa Filter IQAir Health Pro running during clinic hours. This advanced technology filters out 99.5 percent of all airborne particles as small as .003 microns.
In addition, we are taking all precautions as recommended by the CDC and Florida Department of Health. In order to protect you and your loved ones, we have included some valuable information that can help you stay as healthy as possible throughout this coronavirus Covid 19 pandemic.
Many patients have been asking, “What can I do to boost my immune system?” The following is what we recommend and use ourselves but is not meant to be a treatment for any illness or infection, but may help decrease symptoms and severity.
Supplements that Help Boost the Immune System
- Vitamin C - 500 to 1000 mg daily and increase to 1000 mg 3 times a day at onset of any cold/flu symptoms
- Vitamin D3 5000 - 10,000 IU per day; first sign of symptoms increase to 20,000 IU per day for 3 days
- Zinc lozenges - found to shorten the duration of common cold episodes by up to 40 percent in a study published in the Open Respiratory Medicine Journal. In addition, a Cochrane review concluded that taking “zinc (lozenges or syrup) is beneficial in reducing the duration and severity of the common cold in healthy people, when taken within 24 hours of onset of symptoms.”
Other General Precautions
- Stay at home if you are sick and restrict contact with other people
- Even at home, remain at least six feet away from other people while you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- The CDC continues to recommend against the use of face masks for people who do not have symptoms.
We encourage you to keep yourself updated on information about coronavirus at the following websites:
Success by Design Wellness Center, located at
9095 Belcher Rd., Pinellas Park,
is now offering Peptide Therapy
to boost immunity. For more information, call 727-548-0001.