Seven Ways to Empower Your Spiritual Life
Special Weekend Meditation Retreat with all the Kadampa Resident Teachers of Florida, Friday - Sunday, September 22 - 24.
“Just as our body is powerless if not supported by arms and legs, so our meditation has no power to produce authentic Dharma realizations unless it is supported by an accumulation of merit, purification of negativities and blessings.” -Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. Join us for a rare and special opportunity to receive teachings and be guided in meditation by all seven Resident Teachers of the Kadampa Buddhist Meditation Centers in Florida! During this fully guided meditation retreat, we will explore seven essential ways to empower our mind and create the necessary inner conditions for our spiritual growth and development. Through this retreat we will gain understanding and experience of how to apply these methods both in formal meditation and during our daily activities. Gaining deep experience of the practices explained in Buddha’s teachings depends upon certain inner conditions. If we prepare our mind well by purifying negativity, accumulating merit and receiving blessings, our meditations will be very successful. This retreat is open to all levels of experience. Even those who are new to meditation can experience great results from the practices we will engage in during this weekend event.
- Fri Sept 22 7:00-8:15p Intro-Preparing for Meditation: The “Seven Limbs” with Gen Gomlam.
- 9:00-10:00a (Session 1) - Finding Faith and Inspiration: Prostration with Gen Jindak
- 11:15a-12:30p (Session 2) - Accumulating Positive Energy: Offering with Kadam Carol
- 12:30-2:30p -Lunch
- 2:00-3:15p (Session 3)- Purifying Negativity: Confession with Kadam Ricc
- 4:15–5:30p (Session 4) - Multiplying Merit: Rejoicing with Gen Namdrol
- 7:30–8:45p - Wishfulfilling Jewel with food offering (Chanted Prayer)
- Sun Sept 24
- 9:00-10:15a (Session 5) - Creating the Causes for Spiritual Progress: Beseeching & Requesting with Gen Tashi
- 11:00–12:15p (Session 6) - Directing our Virtues: Dedication with Kadam Michelle
Date & Time
September 23, 2023
9:00AM - 5:30PM
Kadampa Meditation Center Florida - 730 N Washington Blvd, Sarasota, FL, 34236 730 N Washington Blvd Sarasota 34236 FL US https://www.natampa.com/businesses/fl-sarasota-kadampa-meditation-center-florida
Entire Weekend $70, Fri only $15, Sat only $40, Sun only $25